Dragon Mountain Design. What is this, some kind of consulting firm?
No. I’m just a guy with a website, a mechanical engineer in and out of the office, and my last name is German for ‘Dragon Mountain.’ The title seemed like it fit, so again, no… not a consulting firm (but if that ends up happening at some point down the line, so be it).
Then what is this site?
I’d like to think of this as a catalog of my talents, and showcase of personal projects I’m working on. It’s a lot easier than storing all of this info in my noggin. You’ll mainly see posts including, but not limited to:
- Oldie But Goodie (OBG) Projects: Stuff from years past that were not necessarily documented well, but I feel are at least fun and/or noteworthy… will eventually run out of these until time travel is a thing.
- Step-By-Step Instructions on certain new projects, and since I finally ponied-up and got a 3D printer, will include links to files on my Thingiverse page when applicable.
- Occasional Work In Progress (WIP) updates on large projects.
- Discussions on new software tools. Probably?
- Other… stuff… I dunno. I’m new here.
What you won’t see:
- Intimate details on projects/products/intellectual property I’ve worked on professionally. I may or may not throw a shout-out to products on the market that I’ve been involved in. Haven’t decided yet, and don’t have a legal team at my disposal. That being said, if you’re really interested, my work history is plastered all over this page.
- The nitty-gritty on past or present employers, coworkers, or their policies. I’ve had my fair share of sitcom-worthy scenarios in the workplace, as I’m sure almost everyone has, but this isn’t an engineering gossip blog.
Oh. Cool logo though…
Thanks! A good friend of mine designed it for me based on a concept family crest I sketched up a few years ago.
Ok, so besides that sweet-sweet crest, why should I care?
The beauty of the world we live in is that the decision is entirely up to you. If DIY and engineering excites and inspires you, you have some sort of vested interest in me in general (totally not creepy), or you just like the cut of my jib, maybe stick around. If not, there are soooooo many other things on the internet you could be spending your time on… Like cat videos and whatnot. I don’t have cat videos… I’m allergic.
Questions? Comments? Project help? Leave me a comment here, shoot me an email (email@example.com), or hit me up on Twitter & LinkedIn (No… I’m not on Facebook)